Monday, March 12, 2012

Be an Inspiration!

I had the privilege of attending the “18th Annual Women’s Sports Celebration,” hosted by Win for KC. The banquet featured local, inspirational female athletes. The award winners were chosen because they exemplify the value of sports and fitness –emphasizing both the physical and character building advantages of participating in sports.
The theme of the banquet was “Be an inspiration.” A round of applause goes out to the coordinators of this event, (specially Sarah Dee, an Our Lady’s Montessori Parent/Board Member and WIN for KC’s very own Interim Director) I left the lunch feeling encouraged, motivated, and blessed to have been a witness to such beautiful women.
All of the speakers were of great quality and inspiration, including the Key Note Speaker, Abby Wambach, who was named 2011 Associated Press Female Athlete of the Year.
I, however, was inspired most by Frances Neunuebel, who won Price Chopper’s Youth Sports Girl Award. Frances, a local sophomore, was diagnosed with an aggressive, malignant brain tumor. Despite her physical limitations, Frances refused to stop competing in sports, never once did she ask, “Why me, God?” Her attitude was inspiring, positive and faithful, when she responded, “Why not me, God?”
We all face adversity in our lives. The faith, ambition and resiliency of this young lady has inspired me. May I remember that everything happens for me, not to me.

May you be inspired too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment