Sunday, February 12, 2012

The bond you have with your dog begins the moment he comes into your life and never stops growing…love at first lick.

This past Thursday, I had the privilege of attending the “2012 Kansans for Life” banquet.
The pro-life banquet featured a delicious dinner, several keynote speakers, awards, and both live and silent auctions.
Perhaps I have been watching one too many episodes of Storage Wars recently, as a result of my eagerness to participate in the live auction, I am now a proud owner of another ‘mutt’. Yup!
That’s right folks, this “high bidder” is officially a two-dog parent.
Please help me welcome my newest “Sugar-Plum.”
10 weeks old, ¾ Lab-¼ Pyrenees, loveable, energetic, little Rodgers.
Rodgers was nameless for the first few days, as I searched for the perfect name.
I brought him to school with me on Friday to ask for the children’s support in naming him.
And although Diamond Sparkle, Date, Blackie-Fur, George, and Claudia (named by a child at my school named Claudia) are adorable…I named him after the beloved Aaron Rodgers. What a joy it was to witness children at such a young age, who possess a nurturing demeanor. Their kind, puppy handling tactics were the sweetest to watch. By the end of the day, Rodgers had slept in several laps, licked a number of faces, and chased/was chased by a stampede of little bodies around the playground.   
His playful personality had a stirring effect on the children at school, yet surprisingly a subduing effect on my fast-paced Nellie-girl. He and Nellie were friends instantaneously.
Although he’s howled the night away these last few nights, has snuck in and shredded more than a few sticks from the yard, and has already managed to obtain a cozy spot on my bed, his merry disposition and adorable face is well worth the trying moments of puppyhood.   
If I raise him right, the work will lessen over time, but until then I have no doubt that he will keep me very busy. Thank goodness, Nellie has a positive influence on him and it can be used to my advantage. Round of applause to Nellie, I swear the new pup is already potty-trained.
The bond you have with your dog begins the moment he comes into your life and never stops growing…love at first lick.
I’m smitten about this little “heart beat at my feet.” All are welcome to come visit the little guy.   
P.S. The pink collar is tempoary.  

Nellie Girl and Rodgers

There's already a liking of my bed. Here he's sleeping on HIS dog bed...thank goodness!

1 comment:

  1. :) uhoh Dan not the bed! He is adorable Janelle, Love him already!!

    ReplyDelete